Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Italian Sausage Soup



I made some yummy Italian soup that was a hit with all of us.  I did use venison, but of course beef and pork sausage is good too.  The best thing is, you can use what ever vegetables you have on hand!  I will list the vegetables I used this time, but it is very flexible.  I plan on using some acorn squash the next time around!

Ingredients for 4 servings:
3/4 pound Italian sausage (I used homemade venison sausage)
1 clove garlic
1/2 small onion
1/2 to 1 diced tomato
1/2 diced bell pepper (what ever color you have)
1/2  cup diced carrots
1/2 cup of diced green beans
1/4 cup red wine
2 1/2 cups beef broth (I used better than bouillon)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
8 oz of cooked pasta (what ever shape you have on hand)
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste

Directions
Saute the sausage and set aside.  Cook the onions, peppers, and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes.  Then add and saute the vegetables until soft.  Stir in the tomatoes, wine, broth, and spices.  Add the sausage.  Simmer for about an hour and add the cooked pasta just before serving.  We topped the soup with some Parmesan cheese and served it with biscuits.

Dragon King and Fairy Princess both rated it as a 5!  Hooray - we will make this again!

Let me know if you try it and what variations you use!


No comments:

Post a Comment